
1. Mike and I got married on June 25, 2011. It started as a very rainy day, but turned out to be hot and sunny. It was a great day spent with our close family and friends.
2. I graduated from Kansas State University with a Bachelor's Degree in Human Ecology and a license to teach Family and Consumer Sciences
3. I received a Teacher of Promise for Secondary Education award from the State of Kansas. I went to a conference and was able to rub elbows with some of the best teachers in the state of Kansas. It was a great experience and a neat award to receive.
4. I applied and received the job at Council Grove High School as the Family and Consumer Science teacher. This was a huge decision for me to make because this is the start of my future as a teacher and I wanted to make sure I was going to be in a place that I benefit from and also one that fit me. It has been a great learning experience and building year for me as a teacher and as a person.
5. We moved to Alta Vista, Kansas. This was a HUGE deal for us. Mike and I figured we would be able to settle down and build a life in Frankfort, so moving for us was a hard decision, but one that had to be made for me to start my career. We miss Frankfort often, but are enjoying spending time together and building our marriage and relationship.
6. We honeymooned (is that a word) in Branson Missouri. It was a TON of fun. We had a little cabin in the woods at a quaint little bed and breakfast. We rode the ducks, went to the Dixie Stampede, toured all the little shops on main street, and spent one day at Silver Dollar City. We are looking forward to going back and seeing all the things we missed the first time. Its a great little place, and absolutely BEAUTIFUL, so if you haven't been, you need to go on vacation to Branson sometime soon!
7. We added lots of members to our family this year. Mike, Colette, Tessa, and Khloe were all added to our family. I was added to the Vaughn's family and have enjoyed being a part of that family. I am so lucky to have such amazing families.
8. Along with getting married, we had to get engaged first! In February right before Valentine's day we got engaged, and I got to pick out my perfect ring. We then started wedding planning and working and creating a future together.
9. In May, I was able to go on vacation with my Mom to Utah over Memorial Day weekend. It was a fun trip full of quality time with my Mom beforeI got married. Another highlight to my trip was going to the Scandinavian Festival. We used to go ever year when we lived in Utah, but since moving to Kansas, we hadn't made it back until this year. It was fun to see Snow College again also reconnect with my heritage a little bit.
10. I was able to coach Volleyball this year as an assistant. I coached the JV and C team, and even when I was beyond tired and stressed out, it was a lot of fun to teach the girls new skills, help them develop skills, and build great relationships with them.
2011 has been a very eventful and great year for us, and we are looking forward to the new year ahead of us.


Glad to hear all is going well for you friend! Miss you! :)
ReplyDelete